Re: are the cvs instructions wrong

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I was reading the cvs instructions to check out the source anonymously
> and I don't think the CVSROOT is correct at http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html.
> It says the directory is /cvsroot/gcc but I can't get that to work on
> subversions. On gcc.gnu.org, the path I use is /cvs/gcc.  Am I crazy or
> is something wrong with the instructions?  Both is a distinct
> possibility. :}

I cannot decide this (FWIW, you might even be a clever robot :-) ), but
I just tried it following the instructions and it worked:

 /files/pfeifer% setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs at subversions dot gnu dot org:/cvsroot/gcc
 /files/pfeifer% cvs login
 Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs at subversions dot gnu dot org:2401/cvsroot/gcc
 CVS password:
 /files/pfeifer% cvs -z 9 co gcc
 cvs server: Updating gcc
 U gcc/.cvsignore
 U gcc/COPYING
 U gcc/COPYING.LIB
 :

What exactly does not work for you?  (What is the exact sequence of
commands?)

Or might it have been an intermitten problem on the CVS server?

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/