Re: Problems with "make check"

    dejagnu exits unsuccessfully if there are unexpected failures.

That's what I thought, except that there were also unexpected failures
in previous languages and it didn't exit unsuccessfully.

    76 looks suspiciously like the number of failures that happen if you
    don't have enough locales installed, see the list I posted last month.

Could easily be.  I'm viewing the failures I get on an unpatched tree
as a baseline anyway unless they look very excessive, and this doesn't.