Re: boost archive used for testing

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:19:49PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On a couple of pages we have links to
>   http://www.boost.org/boost_all.tar.gz
> which doesn't exist any longer.
>
> How should we resolve this?

There are several versions and formats to choose from at SourceForge.
Should we recommend a particular version for GCC integration testing
and if so, which one?  (That question is for people familiar with
Boost.)

The other packages ought to be updated as well.  A few days ago I built
the recommended version of Blitz++, which gets tons of warnings with 3.3
on powerpc64-linux but passes all tests.  A more recent version doesn't
get warnings and also passes all tests.  I haven't tried it with
mainline, but some of these older versions might not even compile with
the new C++ parser.  That was true of FTensor, due to questionable code
in FTensor (according to Walter Landry) rather than problems with the
new parser.

> (Ideally, we'd really have just one link to every external package used
> for testing.  Do you have a good idea on how to solve that, Janis?)

We can move links to particular application packages down to the
build and test guides; that goes for the tarball and also for the
link to information about the package.  If an app listed among the
release criteria doesn't have a build and test guide, we can remove
it until someone provides one.  I had meant to remove the build and
test guides from gcc-3.1 and redirect those to the ones in the
testing directory; I'll do that.

Janis