Re: Destrictiveness of expansion and tree inlining deadlock?

> --On Saturday, February 22, 2003 11:20:31 AM +0100 Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
> wrote:
>
> > Expansion is (to my
> >understanding) destructive and makes later inlining impossible.
>
> That should not be the case.  It was the case with the RTL inliner, but it
> should not be the case with the tree inliner.

Hmm, my topological sort in unit-at-a-time manages to assemble most of
inline functions before they are inlined and I am hitting one crash in:
  else if (TREE_CODE (*tp) == UNSAVE_EXPR)
    /* UNSAVE_EXPRs should not be generated until expansion time.  */
    abort ();
This made me believe that expansion creates those trees and thus is
destructive.  In the case this is wrong, what happens here?

Honza