Re: patch that caused regression PR opt/9357

Op ma 24-02-2003, om 17:48 schreef Andreas Jaeger:
> Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com> writes:
>
> > The regression reported in PR optimization/9357 (which affects GCC 3.3)
>
> As just mentioned on gcc-bugs: The problem is -fssa and this is not
> supported yet AFAIK.  I suspect that Honza's patch just revealed
> another bug in -fssa.
>
> Shouldn't we disable -fssa for now?

There are quite a few PRs about -fssa, so apparently people use it even
if it's not supported.  So just disabling is maybe not such a great
idea.

What is the long-term plan for RTL-SSA?  Last time I read the rtlopt web
page, it said that Honza had been working on MidRTL.  What's the plan
for that now?

Even with the tree-SSA branch merged, there are still cases where
RTL-SSA could be useful.  But if the plan is to kill it altogether,
maybe it could be deprecate the feature for 3.4 (assuming the tree-SSA
will succeed and be merged before "3.5")??

Greetz
Steven