Re: Machine and hosting donation for the GCC project

Mike Stump wrote:
On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 02:21 PM, Laurent Guerby wrote:

I'm sorry if I was unclear or just forgot to say that the donation
itself is done in currency form to FSF Europe, which will buy
and install the machines at the facility kindly donated by free.fr and
already used by FSF Europe for other purposes. From there the machines will be dedicated
to the GCC project, my question is just wether the GCC project / SC
accepts this setup or not, and if yes, policy needs to be
decided on access and use (I of course have no more voice on this
topic than any other GCC developper).

Ah, I see, it is in progress already. In that case, if they money hasn't been spent or specifically earmarked by the FSF, the SC can decide how to spend it. If they choose not to for any reason, someone should come up with a concrete proposal, and have it OKed by the FSF, and then it can be announced to the SC/gcc community after the fact?

Well, it has already been discussed with FSF France people and it's okay,
the plus is that we have hosting space and connectivity that's why I proposed
to just buy and install machines there (in the process, we'll
replace an old FSF Europe machine by a new one ). The donation
is not done yet, I wanted to ask if the GCC people were
okay with the idea before proceeding.

If the SC doesn't like this approach, they can come up with another one...
:-)  (sly way of lighting a fire under them)

--
Laurent Guerby <guerby at acm dot org>