Re: successful build gcc-3.2.2 solaris x86

Hello Steven,

well, some mirrors must be out of date, cause if you look here:
ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/mirror/opcom.sunfreeware.com/intel/8/

you can see both: 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 having the same size, and after installing the 3.2.2 it is actually 3.2.1, try it ! hehe.

About the DEFAULT_PCC_STRUCT_RETURN, shoite, I guess for ELF I do have to put a 1, ok then, I will put a 1, and remake it. I think it will work fine too.
The only problem was that it was undefined to begin with.

Maybe we should figure out a way to run fixincludes in the solaris install, and fully replace the old stuff. Actually, even better, maybe solaris should come with a "old" and a "gnu compatible" installation of the header files. I will suggest that to the Sun guys hehehe.

cheers

Bob

Steven M. Christensen wrote:

No, in fact I did not copy gcc 3.2.1 to gcc 3.2.2. To make sure
I have tested the package I have an also recopied it to sunfreeware.com.
The package there should be correct.

Note also that as far as I can see 3.2.1 has

#define DEFAULT_PCC_STRUCT_RETURN 1

and so this should be set in 3.2.2 rather than a 0. Correct or not?

Steve Christensen
sunfreeware.com