RE: [Gomp-discuss] Re: Working on branches while copyright paperwork being processed?

law@redhat.com wrote:
> I used to do this kind of stuff, but when RMS stopped cooperating, I
> stopped spending my time dealing with copyright paperwork.  If you're
> unhappy with the state of how the FSF handles copyrights, then take it
> up with RMS and the FSF.

At this point, I'm afraid to touch anything associated with FSF until the
paperwork is complete. I understand why they want the paperwork; I should
take some responsibility here, since I hadn't really thought to start this
process sooner.

I know many highly-qualified, energetic people who would like to contribute
to GNU project, but who don't because of RMS, the GPL, and FSF. It's not
that we're against "free as in speech" software -- it's that we don't think
the FSF's implementation is all that free.

As it is, the paperwork is "moving", and as soon as it's in, we can move
forward. As it is, I'm in the midst of a hardware mess this morning (monitor
problem turns out to be a video card down), so it'll be late today before I
do anything on Savannah.

..Scott