Re: GCC 3.3 compile speed regression - AN ANSWER

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 08:35:56AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> And I've pointed out several times that the generated code quality doesn't
> seem to be improving, and I've not gotten any pushback on that either. I
> bet most gcc people know this in their hearts.

Actually, we've got a lot of numbers that go the other way - someone
earlier quoted a 10% improvement across SPEC, and it's not isolated to
benchmarks.  When people point the finger at particular code that gets
worse, it seems to usually get fixed.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz