RE: --enable-__cxa_atexit

--On Tuesday, February 11, 2003 02:11:46 PM -0500 Scott Robert Ladd <scott@coyotegulch.com> wrote:

the default option, and why it is listed in the documentation as a
requirement for ABI conformance when it is, in fact, related to C++
correctness.
I'm not sure about the documentation, but I can tell you why it's not
the default.  It's not the default because it uses a C runtime library
interface that was historically not available on lots of systems; until
that interface was universal we didn't want to make it the case that
binaries built with G++ would't work on a system with a slightly older
C library.

It might be that the default should be changed.