Working on branches while copyright paperwork being processed?

[ From a discussion in gomp-discuss ]

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> Diego, is it allowed to act in the mean time as if he does have an
> assignment?  It's on a branch, maybe it's not such a big deal as for
> main line especially when everybody knows all the paper work is in the
> pipeline.

I believe that to be the case, but I'm not sure.

Can anybody confirm that I'm not talking nonsense?  A couple of
developers for the new gomp-branch are in the process of filing
their FSF copyright forms.

Could they still contribute patches to the branch while the
paperwork is being processed?

Thanks.  Diego.