Re: Build error - still there

Dear Alexandre,

On 24 Jan 2003, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2003, Pedro Manuel Augusto <augusto@uma.pt> wrote:
>
> > I have done just exactly that:
>
> > bash-2.05# /dados/packages/gcc-3.2/configure --with-gnu-ld
> > --with-ld=/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ld
>
> Erhm...  Which version of GNU ld is that?  Maybe you need an upgrade?
> It's been a long time since I last built GCC on Solaris.  Surely you
> did check the installation manual for platform-specific requirements?

OK. In fact, I have just done what you recommended (I admit before I did
not think that platform-specific requirements would be needed so I have
not done them). Let's go back to the chronology of events (after each
step I have tried the installation of gcc with the comments below):

- installed binutils-2.13 (included ld, nm, etc)
  (standard ./config; failed at GNU-make bootstrap with error above)

- installed binutils-2.11.2
  (standard ./config; failed at GNU-make bootstrap with error above)

- deleted config files
  (tried config as suggested above; failed the same way at GNU-make)

- installed sun patch 106950-22 (including rebooting with init 6)
 (deleted config files)
 (tried config as suggested above; failed the same way at GNU-make)

So what now? Should I try again to install binutils-2.13 and go again with
the config suggested above? or what?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards,

Pedro