Re: GNAT nightmarre

On Tuesday, Jan 28, 2003, at 00:18 America/New_York, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Does that mean that if I have an instance of gnatbind, *freshly built*,
in my PATH and I'm building a new GNAT compiler (same source as the
one previously built gnatbind), then inevitably I'll get into trouble?

When doing the first stage of a bootstrap of GNAT version Y using version X
as a bootstrap compiler, then gnatbind version X must be used, and not
gnatbind version Y. A similar requirement exists for the C compiler and the
"gcc" driver, but in that case there is less possibility for confusion as
the executable is names "xgcc" and renamed to "gcc" during installation.
This might be a good idea for GNAT too, but that is not the case currently.
Still I don't see how you ended up using inconsistent gnat1/gnatbind binaries.
I'll try to reproduce your issue tomorrow.

-Geert