Re: Irix6 long doubles implemented wrong? (27_io/ostream_inserter_arith)

 > From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
 >
 > On Jan 26, 2003, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:
 >
 > > 	* real.c (ibm_extended_format): Add 53 to minimum exponent.
 >
 > Turned out this got encode_ibm_extended very confused when presented
 > with denormals, not only numbers that had to be represented as
 > denormal doubles, but also those that could still use a normal double
 > for the upper part.  This new patch fixes it, and actually passes the
 > numeric_limits test.  Ok to install?

Great Alexandre, thanks!

I'm going to try and test this on irix6.5.  I took a 3.3 checkout from
this morning plus the following three patches:

Is that the correct set?  (Results should be done tonight.)

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu