Re: PCH tests fail on sparc-sun-solaris2.7

Geoff Keating wrote:

> >  > > pretty much all of the PCH tests fail on sparc-sun-solaris2.7.

> > I.e. mmap does not return -1 indicating an error.  I'm not sure if
> > 0x5b is a suspicious address though.  I can't access it.
>
> That's very weird.  0x5b can't possibly be right, it's got to be
> page-aligned.

Maybe it's related to this comment (from ggc-page.c):

  /* StunOS has an amazing off-by-one error for the first mmap allocation
     after fiddling with RLIMIT_STACK.  The result, as hard as it is to
     believe, is an unaligned page allocation, which would cause us to
     hork badly if we tried to use it.  */

...or maybe not.  No idea how old this comment is.

Segher