Re: Thoughts on doxygen for internal documentation

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 law@redhat.com wrote:

> Actually, I wouldn't go with doxygen stuff at all unless it's been
> OK'd for the rest of the compiler proper.

I don't see a particular problem with doxygen to provide additional
documentation (and cross-referencing, etc.) for internals, as long as the
aim is still maintained that all the actual interfaces for authors of
front ends and back ends (as opposed to details of internals at a lower
level - for which documentation is still useful and for which doxygen may
provide better structure than plain comments) should be documented in the
internals manual proper (gccint.texi and files included from it).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk