Re: GCC 3.3 release criteria?

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 12:02:06PM -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are the release criteria for GCC 3.3?
> This web page lists them for GCC 3.1, but I can't find anything for GCC 3.3:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.1/criteria.html

The Release Manager is responsible for that document.

> Also, on the following web page, how was it decided what packages
> to list for GCC testing purposes:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/testing/index.html
>
> The list of applications on that web page seems to be
> a subset of the applications listed on the GCC 3.1 criteria web page.

That list is for packages that are thought to be useful for GCC testing
and for which there are instructions about how to build and test them.
Additions are welcome, as are updates for building more recent versions
of those packages.  Anything included in the release criteria ought to
have build and test instructions and be included in that list.  I would
expect the release criteria to include a subset of that list.

Janis