Re: source mgt....[_HAS_ gcc relevance]

Am Die, 2002-12-17 um 09.17 schrieb Momchil Velikov:

> And rightfully so.  Aegis' model of "change" assignments to developers
> doesn't quite fit the volunteer driven projects.

And it's pain in the rear to use. Frankly _I_ want a system consisting
of _one_ swiss army knife tool and not dotzend of more or less obviously
christened tools cluttering up /usr/bin. The system has to be easy to
explore, not necessarily to setup, and the basic features have to be
easily accessible; cvs and subversion provide that, bk not to that
extend but Aegis is far down the drain in this regard.
I claim that having a CM tools which is trivial to get started with is
important to not scare possible volunteers away, as a rule of a thumb
no more than 3 (better 2) easily explainable steps should be necessary
to retrieve a specific version.

--
Servus,
       Daniel