Re: basic-improvements merge status

On 17-Dec-2002, Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz> wrote:
> > Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz> writes:
> >
> > | -fno-builtin-sin does the trick.
> >
> > The issue isn't about the lack of built-in sin.  It is about lack of
> > support (either hardwired or in library) for sin{, f,l}.
>
> libstdc++ does provide these.  All we need is to move them into libgcc
> and use -fno-builtin-sin to compile file in question.
> What do you see wrong about using the -fno-builtin to compile runtime
> support that must be done in a way breaking C90 standard?

Another option would be to build the files in question with -ffreestanding
(and to make sure the optimization is disabled if -ffreestanding is used --
if it is not, that is a bug).  That makes sense to me: those files are
part of the implementation of the C library, so GCC can't assume that
there is a C library already when compiling those files.