New Parser [Re: GCC 3.3 Branch]

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 05:04  PM, Jan Hubicka wrote:

be moving in the new C++ parser within days, I expect.)
Did you made some benchmark on how fast it is realtive to the old
parser?
Just curious :)
Will it be possible to use old parser also for some time, while new parser is stabilizing in mainline?
Purpose:
- To measure both parser's compile time performance based on same gcc source base.
- If measurement results says new parser is better or as good as old parser than I think, no need to have ability to use old parser. Otherwise compile time conscious people may want to continue to use old parser while we improve new parser.

my thoughts,
-Devang