Re: target register load optimizations (Was: Re: Porting gcc for F-CPU without direct JMP)

> P.S.: I suppose the natural home for this code is loop.c .

I would preffer to see this placed somewhere else.  It is not related to
the loop optimizer's infrastructure and we should not mix such
independent passes together.
We would like to slowly kill whole loop.c and replace it with cfg based
loop optimizer (and AST pass when AST branch is ready for parts that are
better done at high level)

Honza