Re: gcc 3.3 branch, version info?

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, [iso-8859-1] Christian Jönsson wrote:

> Now that the gcc 3.3 branch is created, shouldn't that branch have
> version info "(prerelease)" instead of "(experimental" and the main
> trunk have "3.4" instead of "3.3"?

Mark said <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-12/msg00769.html> that he hadn't
done all the steps in branching.html yet, but it would be desirable if
they could be done before tonight's snapshot (so it properly comes from
the branch) and certainly before any major changes are merged to the
mainline (so we don't have versions calling themselves 3.3 with changes
that aren't in 3.3).

Perhaps the i18n maintainer could deal with the last step (regenerating
gcc.pot, mainline and branch, before the snapshot runs, and submitting the
branch snapshot to the translation project, once there's a new snapshot
that includes the new gcc.pot)?  (Mark previously asked for the
documentation here to explain in more detail what needed to be done.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk