Re: reg_known_value and copying collection

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 08:16 AM, Daniel Berlin wrote:
reg_known_value is a non-root, xcalloc'd array used in alias analysis.
It contains pointers to rtx'en, and we expect it to be available the whole time from a call to init_alias_analysis until a call to end_alias_analysis.

CSE ggc_collect's during this time period (IE after init, before end).
The RTX's reg_known_value has in its array move.
It gets screwed.

Should reg_known_value be changed to be ggc_alloc'd and made a root?
Anyone know of other places like this off the top of their head?
qty_table in cse.c:cse_basic_block. I'm not sure if there are collections on the interior, but if there are... Hopefully it is easier for you to check then it is to discover it later.