Re: on reputation and lines and putting things places (Re: gcc branches?)

> This list is advertised as the best way to communicate with the SC.
> The SC is the best way to communicate with the corporations.

(first I will put on my hat as president of a corporation devoted to
the use of Free Software).

This has things upside down. We do things because of input from our
customers. if someone tells us "gee, we would really like to have
arch working nicely with Ada, and we have $$$ to backup the request",
we will be very glad to talk and look. But I am afraid we are not
about to pay any attention to someone on the SC (or the whole SC
for that matter) exhorting us to use our resources on arch because
they think it would be a "good thing".

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

P.S. The idea that R&D does not get cut back during a recession is at best
wishful thinking, and at worst hopelessly naive. Now at ACT, it is defintiely
the case that we have not cut back on R&D, but that's because the recession
has not affected us significantly, and we continue to grow steadily.

I really think that if you want arch (or any other technology) to succeed,
convince some large scale users that they want it!