Re: Registerized function parameters and related things.

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> > using external libraries is [out of the question],
> > both for licensing problems abd "bloat" problems.
>
> I don't see why using an external library is going to result in any more
> code bloat than writing the equivalent code yourself (especially if you
> use -ffunction-sections).

Well, it adds more dependencies, and the library doesn't do anyway what
we'd need. However, the emulator thingy is just a "bonus", the real issue
is source compatibility and ease of writing them.

> Is there a specific problem with the libffi license?
No, now that I looked at it I saw that it's BSD, so there are of course
no problems with that.

> Even if there is, you could always reimplement libffi (or something similar)
> yourself.  That looks like it would be a cleaner solution than hacking
> GCC in the way that you described.

Depends on the point of view you look at it :) From the point of view of
AROS it's cleaner to customize the devtools rather than hack the AROS
sources ;)

Fabio Alemagna