Re: gnat and gcc 3.2.1 on GNU/linux (RedHat 7.3)

"Michael S. Zick" wrote:

> On Monday 02 December 2002 02:47 pm, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Has anyone managed to build a native Linux gnat using gcc 3.2.1?
> > I didn't have any trouble with 3.2 but am getting bug boxes using
> > 3.2.1.  I am trying to build it using the gnat 3.14p compiler
> > as the native one.
> >
> > Ideas, suggestions?
> Hmm...
> Have you tried building 3.2.1 with gcc-3.2-ada ?

I tried to regress and build 3.2 with Ada but am actually getting
the same error.

> Perhaps there is something that gnat 3.14p does not handle;
> I seem to recall talk on this ML about how the time was approaching when a
> gcc-3.x.y-Ada compiler would be a requirement.

Any suggestions on an official-ish location for a prebuilt binary?
If it is starting to become a requirement, then there should be one
somewhere.

I am going to try this all fresh in the morning and see if it
is just my cold medicine giving me trouble.  I have build 3.2
for sparc-rtems, powerpc-rtems, and i386-rtems using my locally
built 3.2 native GNU/Linux gnat on another machine and I have
even done all those crosses and mips-rtems using 3.2.1 but
I can't reproduce a native gnat compiler from scratch on another
machine. :(