Re: Irony

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 08:29:18AM -0500, Robert Dewar wrote:
> > The BSD licence, for one.
>
> The BSD license is a Free Software license, so I don't understand this
> comment at all. The issue of whether to have GPL type restrictions aimed
> at keeping things free is an interersting one, but don't get confused by
> it. Public Domain software is of course Free Software for example even
> though it has no licenses.
>
> So this comment does not illuminate the discussion, it obfuscates.

There are some licenses, such as the "Apple Public Source License" OSI
considers approved open source licenses, that FSF explicitly states are
not free.

There are also quite a few licenses in the OSI list that are
incompatible with the GPL.
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html> has a large list with
many FSF opinions about them.

Yes, I realize this is off-topic.