help: unreasonable assembly code after put gcc compiler optimization option "-O2" or "-O1"

Hi:
  I am using gcc-2.95.3 for my arm processor, and I
need to optimize my code by putting "-O2" or "-O1"
optimization option for compiling, since my code
crashes after adding "-O2" options, I was trying to
manually adding all the opitimization options I could
find in gcc man page to replace "-O2" then see which
one actually causes the crash.
  The weird thing is even I put all the options, it
still generately not efficent assembly code,( not like
"-O2", it generates beautiful assembly code but it
crashes somewhere else).
  So here is the question, I wanna generate as
efficient code as "-O2"  generate for me by manually
adding those optimizaton options, but anyone knows how
I could do it? I think  maybe there are some other
options not listed on the gcc man page.
Any suggestion is appreciated!!!
Mark