RE: COG 3-1-1 successful build

Uhh, I don't think I did "make bootstrap".  I built gcc in September, and
was in the middle of writing my message when I must have been interrupted,
because today I found that message in my postponed/drafts folder.  Looking
back at the documentation, I now see this in gcc-3.1.1\INSTALL\build.html:

	Building a native compiler

	For a native build issue the command make bootstrap. This will build
the entire GCC system, which includes the following steps:

	  * Build host tools necessary to build the compiler such as
texinfo, bison, gperf.
	  * Build target tools for use by the compiler such as binutils
(bfd, binutils, gas, gprof, ld, and opcodes) if they have been individually
linked or moved into the top level GCC source tree before configuring.
	  * Perform a 3-stage bootstrap of the compiler.
	  * Perform a comparison test of the stage2 and stage3 compilers.
	  * Build runtime libraries using the stage3 compiler from the
previous step.

	If you are short on disk space you might consider make
bootstrap-lean instead. This is identical to make bootstrap except that
object files from the stage1 and stage2 of the 3-stage bootstrap of the
compiler are deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.

I remember reading (or at least seeing) this documentation, but I don't
remember reading the "For a native build issue the command make bootstrap."
sentence, so I must have skipped it.  Anyway, it works.  If you want me to
do any additional testing, I'll try to in my spare time (if I can find some
:[ )  I still have gcc version 2.95.3-5 on my system and I haven't yet
bothered to create a cross compile version yet.

Adrian