REGRESSION in 3.2.1-pre on mips-irix6 (and elsewhere) compiling execute/20011219-1.c

Sometime in the last day or so, I'm getting a new regression from the
gcc-3.2.1-pre testsuite on mips-irix6 when compiling
execute/20011219-1.c.

Last "clean" irix6 result dated sometime on Nov 10:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-11/msg00389.html

Regressed irix6 results dated sometime on Nov 11:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-11/msg00428.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-11/msg00441.html

A casual scan of the testsuite results shows the testcase fails on
some others platforms like powerpc and ia64:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-11/msg00413.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-11/msg00442.html

but not on sparc or ix86:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-11/msg00439.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-11/msg00432.html

The nature of the failure on irix6 is a link error when compiling the
testcase due to spurious symbols.

 > ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol ".L8" -- 1st referenced by
 > /var/tmp//ccd6QKfa.o.

As of yet, I haven't noticed the same problem on the mainline.

Based on the dates in the ChangeLog and the descriptions of the
patches, I suspect its one of these below.  However it's 2am here so
I'll have to defer further investigation until tomorrow.

		--Kaveh

2002-11-11  Franz Sirl  <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com>

        PR c/8467
        * stmt.c (tail_recursion_args): Handle DECL_MODE differing
	from the mode of DECL_RTL case.

2002-11-11  Graham Stott  <graham.stott@btinternet.com>
            Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>

        PR 8502
        * cfgrtl.c (try_redirect_by_replacing_jump): Do not kill
	computed jumps post reload.