Objective-C++, GCC and GNUstep

To whom it may concern,

I'm a French student working since a few time in the American National Center
for Atmospheric Research, I discovered Linux and GNU project 2 years ago. During
these last 2 years I have look over every projects and ideas near to GNU to find
out in each one I could believe in and of course give my modest help.
I discovered the GNUstep project about 6 months ago as I was still living in
France. I don't really believe in GNU on desktop computing if we continue to
take inspiration from the most awful operating system like do KDE or Gnome
(witch I use now). GNUstep is, I thing, the most modern approch of computing and
the environnement that GNU need. Synergy with the new Apple's operating system
is really an asset for GNUstep even if I don't like Apple and the way that Steve
Job try to take advantage of the GNU and Open Source community.
As you Know, free projects are now borning on what I will call the "legal son of
NeXTStep/OpenStep" : MacOSX, one of the best example is for sure the Gecko based
bowser "Chimera". GNUstep as it suffers of a real lake of applications could
really take advantage of these developments, this is why I really wonder why
the GNU compiler (gcc) does not support "Objective-C++" (Apple has submitted a
patches for this I heard?). This would really help this project and for me now
the way you choose is really cutting wings to GNUstep (as I would say).
I'm waiting for an answer now, you perhap's have a good reason, I don't know,
but can't we find a solution?

Best regards and thank a lot for GNU,

Frederic MOSER

PS: Sorry for my bad English