Re: Status of SSE builtins

Jan Hubicka wrote:

> > > Not yet, however I think this is just part of the problem, as reload
> > > will offload the register to memory, read it back and clobber the upper
> > > part.  I will check
> >
> > You'll have to define reload patterns that copy the SSE register into the
> > GP register first, than load the value into the desired subreg of the GPR,
> Moving SSE into GP is kind of overkill.  You need 4 registers on 5
> GPR register machine ;(.

We are interested in a working compiler first.  And it's a 5 GPR
register machine only when compiling -fpic -fno-omit-frame-pointer.
Of course, you can try to get thius stuff through secondary memory, although
I'm not sure that this will work unless you load memory by using a reload through
GPR and a secondary reload through memory.
Or if you reserve a few bytes just in case, or fiddle with machine_dependent_reorg ;-)

> impossible.

You don't need to.  Just manipulate the SSE register with the word you want
to change.

--