Re: basic-block profiling

> You're looking for -fprofile-arcs and -ftest-coverage in GCC 3.2; those
> are the new block (edge, really) profiler.

I'm aware of those two flags. But, is gcov capable of producing output
similar to bb.out (i.e. not produce simple.c.gcov, but give per bb
info) ?  From my understanding, it cannot. So, I'd have to use the
.bb, .bbg and .da files to get such info.

This leads me to an other question, can gcov produce annotated .s
file (simple.s.gcov) instead of simple.c.gcov?

IMHO, if -a, and -ax were removed, the documentation should have been
updated.

-Sai