Re: question about gcc

> Sure it is. "Traduct" means to translate or to transfer.
>
> $ dict -d web1913 traduct
> 2 definitions found
>
>> From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:
>
>   Traduct \Tra*duct"\, v. t. [L. traducere, traductum. See
>      Traduce.]
>      To derive or deduce; also, to transmit; to transfer. [Obs.]
>      --Fotherby.

I can't believe it someone actually bothers to send this message.
A "Webster's" revised dictionary from 1913 that labels the word
as obsolete is a pretty pathetic source!

If you bother to look this up in a decent source (OED II volume XVIII, I
just lugged the 1000 page volume from the library :-), you will find that
the last recorded use of this word is in 1659.

Shall we write the OED and tell them they should renovate this word and
create a quote for 2002 from the gcc@gnu.org list :-)