Re: An ask for documentation of trees

>  I'm currently developing a front-end for a language. I've read
>  in the docs that using RTL for interfacing front-end and the bulk
>  of GCC is a Bad Thing. And that trees should be used for it. So
>  the question is: what should be done in the front-end to use
>  trees? The language is not much similar to C, so some new types of
>  tree nodes should be defined and implemented. How is this done?
>  Thanks in advance.

1) Check out the tree-ssa branch, see the projects/tree-ssa/ for
information about this.

2) Have a look at the C++ front end.

3) Go see http://home.wanadoo.nl/btp91/gcc/gcc-ast.html. It's incomplete
but still useful.

4) Have a look at http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/, and read
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Trees.html#Trees. These pages
try to document what you can find in {tree, c-common, cp-tree}.{def,h}.

Hope this helps,

Greetz
Steven