Re: real_to_decimal rounds incorrectly

> I've forward-ported the logic from the previous real.c, and added
> some commentary so that the next person forced to maintain this
> code won't have to spend quite so long trying to figure out what's
> going on.
>
> If you have a literature reference to the algorithm being used here,
> it would be nice to add a pointer to it.

IEEE-specific modifications were taken from the IEEE spec.
Other than that, I draw a blank on references.  It's just arithmetic.
Maybe Brad, the Purdue Profossor, can suggest some reading material.

Purdue is a world hotbed of numerical analysis work, by the way.  It
would be wonderful if you could talk them into mounting a GNU support
project.  But I'm afraid that mathematicians usually consider this
stuff too trivial and uninteresting to spend much time on.