Re: ia64 linux doesn't bootstrap

On Friday 18 October 2002 09:27, Jim Wilson wrote:
> >Maybe OT, but what version of gdb would you use, and which version of gcc
> >would you build it with?
>
> /usr/bin/gdb and /usr/bin/gcc.  Maybe I didn't understand the question?

I was unaware of the sourceforge gdbf95 project, which provides a more
functional gdb than I had seen before.  I've tried to build gdb-5.2.1 with
gcc-3.3, and it failed with many complaints about illegal code.  It did
succeed with a buggy pre-3.0 gcc; there were I think 254 unexpected errors in
testsuite.  Maybe that's acceptable?  Anyway, I hope to be able soon to
whittle down a test case for the current breakage in gcc -funroll-loops, now
that I have a gdb which is able to step through code.

--
Tim Prince