Re: ia64 linux doesn't bootstrap

>>>>> Mark Mitchell writes:

Mark> But, nobody should every be trying to read or write those bits.  Why
Mark> is that happenning?

Mark> Anyhow, what is the triplet for the target?  If I run bitfield7.C on
Mark> that target's cc1plus I take it I will see the failure?

	The target triplet seems to be any PowerPC (:-) target:

powerpc-eabisim, powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 .

The failure, as Janis mentioned, is g++.dg/compat/break/bitfield7_y.C
which as an ABI compatibility test expands on the original
g++.dg/abi/bitfield7.C test.  bitfield7.C *does not* access the field and
does not ICE.  Only Janis's new test, bitfield7_y.C, operates on the
bitfield eliciting the ICE.  This may be a failure which only visibly ICEs
on big-endian targets due to the logic in extract_bit_field.

David