load multiple from const labels?

Hi,
	On inspecting different codes, I see that there are quite a few
loads from constant labels.
e.g.

        ldr     r1, .L224
	ldr     r2, .L224+4

I was wondering if we can use LDM (load multiple) type of instruction on
ARM type of processors here?

I tried inserting LDM instruction as I insert LDM with registers, but gcc
cribbed saying 'internal error--unrecognizable insn:'

I tried inserting one SET instruction and followed by LDM, and this time
gcc cribbed for the SET instruction. Please forgive my ignorance and let
me know if it is not possible to write have instructions like

mov r1, .L224+immediate

or I am making some mistake in building the rtl??

Warm regards
Krishna
--
Homepage:http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/nvk