Re: Usable flags for tree-ssa-branch?

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> I noticed today that -ftree-ssa has been removed and -ftree-ccp is
> used by Diego.  I will use that one also on my SPEC tester.  What is
> the status of other flags that are usable?  Should I add some more?

Right now -O2 enables tree-ssa.  What it does is trigger the main
analysis passes: flowgraph, data reference finder and SSA.  Each
optimization pass needs to be enabled with a different -ftree-XXX
switch (invoke.texi documents the different -ftree passes).

The only pass that is close to working right now is CCP.  The
idea is for passes to be enabled at -O2 as we start fixing them.
If you want to enable passes with -ftree-XXX, that's great.  The
safest way, however, is to use -O2.

Diego.