Re: quote marks [was: Status of i18n patches]

Michael Matz wrote:
But my GUI (xterm) can't do that easily, so to fix the inappropriate use
of ` would be worthy nevertheless.
My suggestion is that by default (without some appropriate option
or environment variable) that gcc's message routines (error etc)
would translate the '\`' to '\''.

However, if we change the actual error messages to use '\'', then
it becomes much more difficult support the *option* to convert
then to some other format.
--
	--Per Bothner