Re: deprecate i960 now?

Stan Shebs wrote:

Mike Stump wrote:

On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 10:32 AM, Richard Henderson wrote:

I propose that we follow suit and add i960 to the deprecated list
for 3.3 so that it is removed in 3.4.

I'll second it. I think most manufacturing capacity for 960 things is gone now, and while certain companies had a stock pile of parts, in time, even those will be gone.

Intel sez they're cranking them in large volumes, and making record revenue
too. They're not doing new designs though.
i960 seems to be the XOR processor of choice on ATA RAID boards (Promise Fasttrak SX6000, 3ware Escalade series). I doubt those compaines are using stockpiled ships in their flagship products.

--
Brane Čibej <brane@xbc.nu> http://www.xbc.nu/brane/