Profiling on mips-irix6? (Testcase gcc.dg/nest.c failure)

When running the testsuite on mips-sgi-irix6.5, I get a failure in
gcc.dg/nest.c:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-09/msg01040.html
 > FAIL: gcc.dg/nest.c (test for excess errors)
 > WARNING: gcc.dg/nest.c compilation failed to produce executable

Its not just me:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-09/msg01050.html

This test passes in the -pg flag.  Looking at gcc.log, I see:

 > ld32: FATAL   9  : I/O error (/usr/lib32/mips3/gcrt1.o): No such file or directory
 > collect2: ld returned 32 exit status

I can't find gcrt1.o anywhere.  Its not already installed on my system
nor is it provided by and built by gcc itself.

(Note, -p doesn't work either, it looks for a non-existant
libprof1.a when I try that flag.)

So before I proceed I was wondering whether there is some place to get
a gcrt1.o and/or libprof1.a for irix6.  E.g. is there some optional
irix6 package that my sysadmin didn't install?  Is there a public
version on the net somewhere?

If not, I can open a PR/change-request for someone to provide one, and
mark the testcase to only assemble on irix, not compile & run.

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu