Re: [DFA]: Scheduling for zSeries and S/390

Vlad wrote:

>  I'd name your variant of description as a structural one because it is
>close to processor documentation. You could also use what I name a
>behavioural description.  Such description does not follow processor
>description but correctly describes all pipeline hazards.  For example,
>you could remove dec, agen, c1, and c2 and still get the same
>automaton.  Usage of structural or behavioral description is a matter of
>taste.

I guess, I'll change it to behavioral description.

One more question I have, how could I model the behavior of the
Load address instruction, which has a special bypass to agen.

The behavior is as follow:

cycle   0     1      2      3      4      5      6      7
       LA     .      L
       LA     x      .      L
       LA     x      x      .      L
       LA     x      x      x      .      L
       LA     x      x      x      x      L

where LA sets address register used in L, . is a pipeline stall and x is
any unrelated instruction.
That means, the LA is a 2 cycle instruction only in case of less than 4
instruction between, 1 cycle
in all other cases.
     regards,
            Hartmut