Re: Optimization and Warning documentation

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 05:08:27PM +0200, David Rasmussen wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 14:56, ????????? wrote:
> > Deardavid.rasmussen£¡
> >    You can download the gcc manual from http://gcc.gnu.org.
> >    You can look up them in the  comand option section of the gcc  manual.
> > ¡¡¡¡
>
> The problem is that many things are not stated explicitly. For example,
> does -w really enable _all_ warnings, every last one of them?
> And does any of the optimizations (O2, O3) include
> -foptimize-sibling-calls for example? It is not stated explicitly what
> options -O3 implies.

Given that this is the development mailing list, I would say that you can
have a look at gcc/toplev.c in GCC sources.

The variable optimize corresponds to the level of optimization you specify:
ie. if you compile with -O2 then optimize = 2.

Attached files are the call graph of the function rest_of_compilation
(that corresponds to optimizations on RTL). Bracketed expressions correspond
to conditions.  This graph is not complete, thus you have to refer to the
source code for more precise informations.

Sebastian