Re: Array-to-pointer conversion in cast expressions

On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 04:47 PM, Nathan Sidwell wrote:

Matt Austern wrote:
I can't find any justification in the Standard for the compiler to
treat "(P22) a" and "static_cast<P22>(a)" differently.  So, the
usual questions:
they are not different.

 (2) If the answer to #1 is no: is this a known bug, e.g. one of
may be - is http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=3518
related to this array->pointer decay?
Doesn't look obviously related, except that they both involve
standard conversions.  Maybe they'll turn out to have
the same fix, but the symptoms don't seem all that similar:
the weird thing about the problem I'm seeing is that the
compiler is treating two different kinds of cast expressions
differently.

Guess I'd better submit this as a new PR, and see if I
can figure out what's going on.

			--Matt