Re: [tree-ssa] Use of build_binary_op

On Tuesday, September 24, 2002, at 06:20  PM, Paul Brook wrote:

I notice you've started using build_binary_op inside tree-ssa-pre.c,
specifically in and around calculate_increment.

Yup.

This causes me problems with the Fortran 95 frontend because build_binary_op
is a c-specific function,
Not quite.
It exists in the ada frontend as well.

and the F95 frontend doesn't currently contain an
implementation of this. A straight copy/paste of the C implementation isn't
possible because this pulls in lots of other c-specific code.

Is it really necessary to use build_bunary_op, or are you just using it as
shorthand for build(code, type, op1, op1) ?
I could do it that way, if you like.

If this is the case I'd like to
request that a language independat function be used for this purpose. If
not how much of the functionality of build_binary_op do I need to
implement?

I'll use build, don't worry about it.

Paul Brook