Re: Status of Ada in GCC?

On Monday, Sep 23, 2002, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
So, what's the status?  What are the plans that the Ada maintainers
have?
Part of the reason no more merges have been performed incorporating
changed made by Ada Core is that we have baselined on GCC 3.1 for
a while in order to have a stable back end while working on remaining
regressions using the GCC 3.1 back end compared to GCC 2.8.1.

One lesson learned from the last big merge I did, is that it only makes
sense to prepare such a merge after we have merged in all changes
made in the GCC tree. Last week Joseph assigned the GNATS PR about
dropped patches to me, and I will look at that PR and see what remains
to be fixed.

I'd like to encourage the Ada maintainers to set up at least a web
page documenting the Ada support in GCC and the plans they have...
The next major development we plan is converting the Ada front end
to function-at-a-time mode. We hope to be able to contribute this
before the end of the year.

  -Geert