Re: C++ Extension: Default argument circularity stuff

Mark Mitchell wrote:
I never understood the motivation for that change in the first place
(as far as I can tell, the standard does not require us to jump
through these hoops, nor does any other compiler behave like G++).
I blame me. The standard had no restriction saying it would not work -
neither does it have words to say that it will. IIRC g++ processed
them in reverse declaration order - which would definitely be bogus. It
looked like an interesting problem ...

Do we need to keep this stuff, or can it go away in the new parser?
we decided to kill it on the first incarnation of the new parser.

nathan

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'