Re: Sequential build of libjava

On Sep 16, 2002, "Paul D. Smith" <psmith@gnu.org> wrote:

> As I mentioned in a previous message, it's hard to solve this in
> configure because there's absolutely no way to guarantee that the
> "make" configure finds and tests is the same one that the user will
> invoke after configure is done.

OTOH, there's already precedent in automake of assuming ${MAKE} (an
environment variable) is the make program the user is going to use at
run time.  It used to test only whether make set MAKE until we
implemented the no-longer-that-new user-side make-version-independent
and otherwise-hyphenated dependency-tracking mechanism.